Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Couch to 5k

yeah.

So my friend from High School, Miss M (see her awesome blog here) is a runner. And I want to be a runner, but have never fancied myself one. M was never a runner in HS we played tennis together, and were nerds together, but never running. Then graduation happened and we went our separate ways. Then facebook happened. And I saw M for the first time in years. WOW!!!  Who was that beautiful women? What happened? Sleek, sophisticated, and stylish! Not saying that she wasn't beautiful before, we are all beautiful women, but she was shiny now! Gittery, and shiny, and WOW!

And then I found out the awful horrible truth.....She was a runner. Sh*t. My hopes are dashed. I am not a runner, well I don't think I am a runner. Last summer, in my weightloss-stravaganza for the wedding, I took up jogging (with a soft J) and Holy-sh*t I like it.



Really-me? Like... running?  No way Jose! But for sure. It happened. Then the wedding came, then fall, then holidays, then this half-arsed winter that we're having. Since there isn't a foot and a half of snow on the ground, and it's far to early to till the garden, I'm starting to run again. I started the couch to 5k program yesterday. It's designed to make getting off your ass easy. And it is. So to my friend M who silently pushed me to get out and run... I hate you bitch. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  <3  (also thank you)

No comments:

Post a Comment