Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Penny, with two new Recipes!

So my little darling is 2 today. Well we think she is two. We got her from the Forever Home Pet Rescue a great Albany organization that finds forever homes for dogs. I can't believe that she has been with us for more then a year now. I really don't remember what life was like before she took a piece of my heart.  What did I do before I was woken every morning with a 40 pound dog sitting on my back? Or the wet kisses I get every night before bed.  If you don't have one of your own, and are looking to adopt, I definitely suggest Forever Home. They were great, they make sure every dog will work with their new owners. They make house visits and call your vets. And of course, they are a no kill adoption agency, actually they get a lot of their dogs from kill shelters in the south. We know that Penny came from Arkansas.  So our little girl is here to stay, and after the wedding we're talking about adding to our four-legged family.   In honor of Penny's birthday I am adding a Recipe section to blog and putting up her birthday peanut butter cookies.

 

Well I went and saw the co-op kitchen today. I think it's going to be a good fit for my business. The proprietor Anna is a great lady, that really has an interest in helping people out. She was a Home-economics teacher at Ichabod Crane School. The kitchen is down in Kinderhook, which is a bit of a drive from my East Greenbush home, but really not that bad.  Now I need to figure out how I can afford all of the fees and permits that I will need. NY makes it really hard for a business to get started.  I have to start looking around for small business loans etc.   But at least I have a place to bake now.

 

Dinner tonight was pizza, which brings me to my new recipe. It is for my pizza crust. I forgot to take pictures when I was making it so those will be posted next week when I make it.  Kevin and I are on a low carb/ high protein diet, that doesn't allow breads, starches, and high sugar vegetables.  So after a lot of tries I came up with a high protein crust. I saw lots of interesting things on line, that used cauliflower. We tried a few, but Kevin is not a fan of cauliflower,  so those when out the window.  Finally I came up with my own, which works out quite well for crust. It's not your thick Sicilian, but it holds toppings.  The recipe also works if you add some south west spices and make them burrito size.  Not to bad of a taco shell.  All in all today was a productive day.  Here's to the weekend, let it be a warmer, less rainy/snowy couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment