Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hi, It's me.

I'm Penny!

I have a 40 pound dog in my lap that is far more concerned about giving me mouth kisses, then letting me write this blog.

So If you have read the 'About Me' section, then you already know that I am trying to start my very own baking business.  It's just a little guy now, a few Apple Cakes, some cookies, a loaf of bread here and there,  but I am building seed money.  The orders are coming in and I am adding new things all the time. Baby steps, right? I hope this blog becomes a way for me to communicate with my customers, but that's down the road a bit.

This blog will also contain the rants concerning New York State bureaucracy. Which I know are coming. So please bare with me.  Is that the right bare?....(consulting google) Nope, it's not. So please bear with me through the rough times ahead.  I have never seen a bigger bunch of useless agencies then here in NY.  I call the Dept of Agriculture and Markets to ask questions and get some help with which permits I will need. Would I be able to bake out of my house or do I need to find some place else to bake. It was like pulling teeth to get an answer out of Mr Gayheart.  And no, I'm not making that up. I realize that you probably hate your job, I also realize that you probably don't get paid enough for what you do.  I also realize that you get at least a month of paid time off a year, the option to buy your health care for the rest of your life, and a pretty great retirement package. So please, just- answer-my- question. If you don't understand what I am asking, then ask me to clarify. DON'T make snide snotty remarks.  I could go on, but I'll leave Mr Smitty Gayheart for another day.

Well there you go. It's short, but it'll have to do.  Check back for more, I'll keep posting, even if no ones reading. Its cathartic.

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment